Welcome to the Shabby Accents Blog Hop!
If you have arrived here from Gina Torres - you are on the right track. If not, please start here Theresa Neubaum
The shabby chic style has been around for many many years, originating from Great Britain, where time worn items were showcased in most country homes. Today’s essence of shabby chic is to achieve that time worn layered vintage look from yesteryear by painting, distressing, dying or tea staining. Now we bring it to you right from our craft tables.
Please follow along as the following crafters showcase their handmade Shabby Chic Accents. Be sure to visit each blog, as each artist will be having a giveaway. Also, we have a couple of awesome sponsors who have generously donated for a “Grand Prize Giveaway”. Their shops are full of shabby goodness. To qualify, all you have to do is leave a comment on each blog.
Our Sponsors:Funkie Junkie's Boutique on Etsy is giving away a $15.00 Gift Certificate click on the logo below to visit the etsy shop.
Sa Crafters $20.00 Gift Certificate click on the logo below to visit the store
Now on to my project: I cut out four sides of a birdcage on my Silhouette Cameo and turned it into this beautiful 3D Shabby Chic Birdcage.
I cut the birdcage out on blue paper from Die Cuts With A View The Blossom Song Stack and inked it using Tim Holtz Distress Stain Weathered Wood Ink Dauber. I added clear acrylic to each side. Once I assembled the birdcage I got started working my magic. I added some white tulle swags to the outside and placed a white rose in the middle of the swag. I used a vine from the Prima Printery line on the bottom corner and added some tulle and feathers. I added a silver glitter bird and some spanish moss inside the cage. To finish the top of the birdcage off I added some creme pearls from Fab Scraps. I then placed the birdcage on top of a Kraft Blok and watched the cage fill with a romantic glow. I really enjoyed making this birdcage and hope I have inspired you to think outside the box.
Blog Candy: I am giving away a wonderful prize Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Christmas Background & Borders Embossing folders set. To be eligible to win my prize you MUST leave a comment on my post and Become a FOLLOWER of my blog. I will announce the lucky winner on Thursday March 1st so please be sure to come back to see if you won.
Your next stop is Monica
If you should loose you way, here is the order of the hop line up:
- Theresa Neubaum - http://www.scrappyartcrafters.blogspot.com
- CallyAnn Cornwell- http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
- Suzanne- http://scrapwithsuzy.blogspot.com
- Linda Coughlin - http://thefunkiejunkie.blogspot.com
- Ashley- http://proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com
- Amber Johnson - http://pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com
- Michele Eickholt ~ http://chelescrafts.blogspot.com/
- Melissa Pinter- http://pinkpolkadotscrapping.blogspot.com
- Janet Nagai http://www.createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
- Barbara Babe-http://barbarab3.blogspot.com
- Gina Torres - http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/
- Kristen http://huneebcreations.blogspot.com/
- Monica - http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Liz Mullen - http://scrapiliciouslife.blogspot.com
I hope you enjoyed the hop. Thanks for stopping by!